Hello, courageous friends!
Today’s post is about my goals this next year for a healthier life.
I’ve spent the past 2 weeks with all of 3 of my siblings and parents. Many times, our topic of conversation has centered around nutrition and cutting out sugar.
We’ve talked about how it helps us emotionally, mentally & physically be our best selves.
Another topic that I have felt strongly about is how to get my family on a real budget, a doable budget and one that we feel good about.
Anyway, here are my 5 Goals for a Healthier Life:
1. Learn how to eat whole, unprocessed foods again. Begin to replace refined sugar with fruit & then come up with a plan to eat 3 meals a day (4 meals while pregnant) & 1 healthy snack each day.
2. Come up with meal plans and grocery shop with a list again to help us stick with our budget goals.
3. Look at each of our long and short term financial goals and make sure our budgets for each are in line again. I find that during hard stretches of life (1st trimester sickness) and/or summer vacation type times, the budget can get a little out of whack!
4. Keep up with friends who bring me life, who have expressed that the feeling is mutual. Start a mom’s group for support & friendship.
5. Keep practicing self care and sharing it gracefully with others. Please visit this post on a friend’s blog for more about this!
Here’s to your health (and mine)!